Click here to read Sausgefest.com’s interview with Pat & Ellie Mullins.
LOCAL Sustainable Foods & Cured Meats was established in 2010 in New Buffalo, MI. Click here to visit LOCAL.
They shared this recipe with Sausagefest.com.
|Prep Time||20 minutes|
|Cook Time||1 hour|
- 2 Eggplants Cut into thin rounds
- 6 Tomatoes Cut into thin rounds
- 4 Zuchinni Cut into thin rounds
- 3 Sweet Yellow Onions Cut into thin rounds
- 6 Fresh Thyme Sprigs Leaves only
- 4 Bay Leaves
- 6 Garlic Cloves Coarsely chopped
- 3/4 cup Dry White Wine
- 1/2 cup olive oil Scant 1/2 cup
- 4 & 1/2 teaspoons Sweet Butter
- 6 links Fresh Chorizo Sausages from LOCAL
- Sea Salt
- Preheat oven to 325 F.
- Place all the vegetable rounds vertically, in layers, in a dutch oven.
- Add the thyme leaves, bay leaves, garlic, white wine, olive oil and butter.
- Prick the sausages and arrange them on top.
- Cover & bake in the oven for 1 hour, until the vegetables are very tender.
- Season with sea salt & serve.